Monday, December 3, 2007

Mendoza, Argentina

After a few days in BA, Jorge, Mikey, Renee and a Deutsch friend of Renee's, Dafney, took a bus through the night from BA to Mendoza, a smaller country town near the foothills of the Andes in Argentina. I had been to this area before and found it amazingly beautiful and peaceful and I was happy to return. Mendoza has the biggest park I could possibly imagine. It is bigger than the town itself! We spent the whole first day at the park, we ate at a cafe there (where we saw a "love" bus that looked like it spent the 60's in San Fran), napped in an open field, did a little meditation by the water, and palyed futbal with some of the local kids, who later yanked Jorge's watch when he wasn't looking :( Not that he really minded as time was becoming less important on this adventure.








The next day we met a new friend, Ryan, at our hostel, who I think was from Wisconsin. We all went on a wine and bike tour of the area together! Did I mention that Mendoza is great the great wine country of Argentina! We rented bikes from a man named Hugo who gave us directions to each vineyard in the area. We had a blast, and I only fell off my bike once, at the very end. My favorite wine was served by the man named Pablo, in the winery of.. umm.. I forgot to write that down at that point in the day! I know I definitely love the Malbec wine from Mendoza now! The setting was serene, there were lush trees hanging over our heads, creating a canopy of shade to ride our bikes through. At the end of the day we returned our
bikes to Hugo and found relief from the sun in his hammocks!









Then we returned back to town for dinner, in which, Mikey celebrated at the open fire of Argentinian meat cooking for us, and a little fun in the hostel before bed. I ended up going out and buying a bracelet from a man named Tati and hanging out with him and his family and friends for the rest of the night. The language was a bit of a problem, but they were very welcoming nonetheless and a great evening was had by all!

No comments: