Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Time in Perth

Merry Christmas!!
I hope everyone had as wonderful of a Christmas as I did! I woke up and called my parents. They had sent me a care package for Christmas, and I was a good girl and waited until Christmas morning to open it. Sop first thing, I called mom and opened my package with her on the phone. I was so excited for my homemade cookies and receese candy. I also got a shirt and a change purse/wallet I was not expecting, but badly needed! My package was awesome and opening it with my mom on the phone almost made it seem like I was opening my presents Christmas morning back home. But then the good-bye came and mom and dad's voices disappeared. I looked out the window at the start of a beautiful 95 degree day and said to Toto, "We're not in Kansas anymore!" or Delaware, as the case may be. All though I missed all my family and friends back home and our Christmas traditions dearly, I still managed to have a wonderful time here.
I have made many new friends at my hostel here in Perth. I came here specifically to spend the holidays with friends of mine I lived with during the Aussie winter in Brisbane. A lot of them have all ended up in Perth now, so I came to join the fun.
My friends and I had a lovely day at the huge park in the city named Kings Park. We barbecued all day and had a massive feast! The park is a beautiful setting. It overlooks the city and the river. Unfortunately I do not have any pics from Christmas Day, however there are pics of another day we spent at this same park only days before. If you want to see the park, these pics can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/find.barlow/KingsParkTrip# .

No comments: