Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Auckland!


So, my second day in Auckland, I took a free city tour!! It was a great city tour, would have been better had it not been raining. We went to the skytower, the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. We also went to Mt. Eden which is 1 of 2 places in the world where you can see 2 oceans at once, without them touching. The other place is in Panama. The highlight however was the Harbour Bridge Climb. Here, suitingly for New Zealands reputation for extreme sports, if you chose to pay you could bunjy jump from 40 m above the river. Well, don't you know that I did!! It was so scary, my hand was shaking when I was trying to sign the waiver before I even left the ground! It was an adrenalin rush for sure! Then they let you go a second time for free if you went naked, so guess what.... I did!! Wow, that time I definitely went all of the way into the water below me! For those who don't believe me there are pictures, but for my family members sake, I am not forcing them to accidently come upon them :)



No comments: